Modern Nature Supports CBD Research and Cannabis Education at Realm of Caring
Cannabis Research: Unlocking the Secrets of Cannabinoids at Realm of Caring
Today's health consumers are all too familiar with those ever present TV ads for the latest pharmaceutical concoctions. We've all seen the single symptom drug commercials where the majority of the ad time is consumed by a long and tedious recital of drug side effects which can actually degrade the quality of life more than the symptoms they are alleged to relieve. Some of these drugs have so many hazards that fast speaking narrators are required just to squeeze in all of the risks in the allotted time and the tedious ads leave consumers shaking their heads and muttering "Enough already!"
At Modern Nature, we're ready to change all that. MoNa, as a vital part of the 21st Century therapeutic cannabis industry, is now poised to launch a paradigm shift in the health sector. Toward this end, we believe that Colorado's Realm of Caring (RoC) is a cornerstone of our naturopathic healthcare sector and that's why we are contributing 1% of our profit from every Modern Nature purchase to support the noble efforts of this vital not-for-profit organization.
Sustainable Health, CBD Education, and Research
Modern Nature (MoNa) was founded on a new principle of sustainable health, combining the time-proven healing benefits of nature with the latest modern scientific knowledge. Our CBD capsules build on the healing power of CBD by combining precise dosages of cannabidiol with the time-honored healing herbs revered by ancient Ayurvedic wisdom including the powerful synergistic effects of holy basil, ashwagandha, and turmeric.
Our goal is to lead the way into the new modern era of naturopathic therapy unencumbered by the hazardous risks of tolerance, addiction, fatal overdose, and those infamously long lists of debilitating side effects associated with traditional pharmaceuticals and even many OTC (over-the-counter) drugs.
CBD, (cannabidiol) has emerged in recent years as a natural plant-derived compound with a wide spectrum of therapeutic properties. To ensure that our MoNa customers are up to speed on all of the latest cannabinoid research, we've posted an extensive series of articles highlighting the findings of CBD studies at the Modern Nature blog to answer the most frequently asked question "Why does CBD work so well for so many different maladies and disorders?" In our informative articles, we've discussed the many benefits of CBD and looked in detail at the science behind its incredible array of pharmacological actions and therapeutic benefits.
All MoNa products are formulated to provide a safe, natural, non-toxic solution to manage the "wide spectrum" of maladies and disorders for which CBD is indicated by modern research. Below is the impressive list of therapeutic action documented in the scholarly report from the RoC research library "Cannabidiol: From an Inactive Cannabinoid to a Drug With a Wide Spectrum of Action" including:
- Analgesic action- Safe chronic pain management is one of the leading factors in the worldwide move to cannabinoid therapy. OTC medications such as ibuprofen and NSAIDs such as Tylenol can have serious side effects when used for longer than 10 consecutive days. CBD stimulates the vanilloid receptor type 1 to rapidly desensitize and raise pain tolerance in a manner similar to the pain reliever capsaicin.
- Anti-inflammatory action- To alleviate swelling, rashes, and joint pain from arthritis or injury. CBD's potent anti-inflammatory action is believed to be the key to many of its other pharmacological benefits, contributing to improved cardiovascular as well as gastrointestinal health.
- Anxiolytic action- The medical term for CBD's antianxiety properties. CBD supplements add to the natural supply of endocannabinoids already produced in the bodies of humans and all mammals. This ensures that the ECS, (endocannabinoid system) can maintain the state of homeostasis which is its primary function. The ECS is centered in the important limbic and paralimbic regions of the brain which regulate critical mental processes such as sleep, mood, emotion, motor control, and immune and pain response.
- Antipsychotic action- CBD inhibits the psychoactive effects of THC in marijuana and has antipsychotic effects on par with the drugs haloperidol and clozapine. Interestingly, scientists got a hint about CBD's inhibiting effects in 1982 when it was discovered that patients admitted to a psychiatric hospital in South Africa were all using a "variety of cannabis virtually devoid of CBD". THC, without the inhibiting action of CBD, can induce symptoms similar to psychosis including disconnected thought, perceptual disturbance, depersonalization, and resistance to communication.
- Antioxidant and Neuroprotective Actions- Reducing the inevitable free radicals released by oxidative stress gives CBD the neuroprotective power to encourage brain and nerve cell growth. This is important for recovery from stroke, concussive head injury, and to alleviate symptoms of neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
- Autoimmune Action- CBD's powerful anti-inflammatory action led researchers to explore its potential to reduce incidents of diabetes and other autoimmune diseases. Preclinical studies found that CBD treatment of mice before the development of Type 1 diabetes reduced its incidence from 86% in the non-treated control mice to 30% in CBD-treated mice. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease which causes the destruction of insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.
- Antiemetic (anti-nausea)and Anti-cancer Action- While THC has long received the credit for alleviating nausea and vomiting in cancer patients enduring the disruptive side effects of strong chemotherapy, research is shifting credit for this action to the CBD component in marijuana. This was discovered when full spectrum marijuana with both THC and CBD were found to be more effective than the Delta 9 THC administered as an isolated drug. But CBD's action in the fight against cancer goes beyond its usefulness in chemotherapy. Beginning in the year 2000, researchers began to unveil CBD's ability for induction of apoptosis. This is the medical term for inducing cancer cell death and CBD caused apoptosis in human leukemia cells. Subsequent studies on glial tumors, which develop in glial cells in the brain or spine, showed that CBD reduced proliferation of tumor cells. Another study on the effects of 5 different cannabinoids on 8 types of tumor cells revealed that CBD was the most potent inhibitor of cancer cell growth.
Modern Nature and Realm of Caring
The common denominator found in all of MoNa's educational CBD articles, as well as many in the RoC research library, is the importance of ongoing cannabis research. We are now just at the dawn of the naturopathic healing age. As we noted in the RoC report cited above, for most of the 20th Century cannabis in general and CBD ("the inactive cannabinoid"!) were ignored as subjects for serious pharmacological research. Cannabidiol research is finally exploding as a result of the enormous volume of anecdotal evidence, the numerous success stories from satisfied CBD users around the world. But there is still much work yet to be done to recover from the long hiatus between 1943 when THC and CBD were first identified and 2011 when the life sciences finally got serious about the powerful healing potential of all of the cannabinoids.
CBD therapies will play an important role in this new era of sustainable healthcare but unlocking the network of biomolecular cannabinoid complexity to take on serious challenges such as ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease), Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's, and the fight against cancer will require extensive research and human and laboratory resources. At MoNa, we believe in giving back and that's where the Realm of Caring organization comes into play.
Cannabis Research, Education, and Advocacy at Realm of Caring
The term "cannabis therapy" was unheard of for most of the 20th Century, and when it was mentioned most of the general public jumped immediately to associate cannabis therapy with medical marijuana. Hemp, despite its illustrious history as a well-known effective cure-all folk remedy, was relegated to the back burner. As we saw, CBD was thought of as the inactive cannabinoid, largely because it lacked the psychoactive potency of the THC cannabinoid. Now, as we prepare to enter into the third decade of the new millennium, the cannabis species still has to overcome the lingering cultural biases left over from 20th Century prejudice based on marijuana's popularity for recreational use.
Colorado's Realm of Caring is instrumental in overcoming the biases about cannabis not only with health consumers but also raising awareness of the power of cannabis therapy with doctors, hospitals, and researchers. As cannabis research expands exponentially it's important for all healthcare professionals and institutions to stay on the forefront of cannabis science. RoC's research initiatives help to discover new treatments and therapeutic applications. Realm of Caring offers cannabis orientation classes for the general public as well as healthcare professionals, and the RoC dedicated care team answers 100's of inquiries about cannabis therapy every week.
Advocacy is another very important facet in fulfilling the Realm of Caring mission. RoC has two programs providing financial assistance for families needing cannabis therapy, and they play a pivotal role improving current legislation in the US and around the world to make CBD and cannabis therapy available to those who need it most. At Modern Nature, we're proud to support these efforts financially as well as with our public endorsement of the RoC mission.
Why MoNa CBD From Hemp is Best For a Self-Administered Cannabis Health Regimen
As modern science catches up with the historically known healing benefits of the cannabis species, even medical marijuana finds a serious rival in its nonpsychoactive, CBD rich, hemp cousin. CBD from hemp oil provides all of the health benefits of the cannabis plant, and they are numerous, without getting the user high. CBD from hemp contains less than .03% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the high-inducing cannabinoid so prevalent in marijuana. For many of the disorders which attract consumers to cannabis therapy, THC can actually worsen symptoms instead of alleviating them. This is especially true for treating anxiety, stress, and insomnia. THC's unpredictable psychoactive actions can trigger adrenaline surges which worsen anxiety and increase stress and sleep disruptions rather than reducing them.
With the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, CBD from hemp (and only hemp) is now legal in all 50 states. This is an important consideration for those who lead active lifestyles as well as the career professionals who need to stay mentally and physically at the top of their game while adhering to rigorous zero-tolerance drug policies. Not to mention children and pets who can also benefit from a daily CBD supplement which is most likely the safest substance in the average household medicine cabinet.
Natural, plant-derived compounds are the foundation for our Modern Nature Ph.D. formulated capsules, and the hemp variety of the Sativa L cannabis plant family has emerged as the full-spectrum, or whole-plant source of healing power as ongoing cannabis research continues.
We've addressed why so many people worldwide are now turning to CBD for safe chronic pain management as well as for alleviating anxiety and stress, inflammation, and even to ensure a rejuvenating good night's sleep. Going beyond its therapeutic benefits as the beneficial cannabinoid for what ails you, we've examined how so many professional athletes and fitness experts are using CBD to achieve the ultimate results from rigorous training workouts to build muscle mass and increase endurance so they can compete at the highest levels.
At Modern Nature, the power of CBD is the fundamental building block of our Ph.D. formulated capsules, but we didn't stop there. We've incorporated the synergistic effects of holy basil, ashwagandha, and turmeric to achieve the results you want to manage pain and inflammation with our Relieved capsules, reduce stress and anxiety with Relaxed, and get a good night's sleep with our Rested formula. All of our natural full-spectrum CBD products are doctor-endorsed and vegan-friendly.
If you're new to the world of CBD and aren't sure which of our products is right for you we'll be happy to provide you with a 25% discount on the Modern Nature Starter Pack as a way of introducing you to the many benefits of CBD as part of your daily health regimen. If you have any questions about Modern Nature CBD and how CBD supplements can enhance your health and well being please don't hesitate to contact us.